INSTRUCTIONS TO ASSEMBLE THE POSSUM TRAP
The Possum Trap arrives ready for immediate use. Our focus is to provide you a way to catch, transport and release your possums, while keeping you and your unwanted possums safe. The most effective way to get rid of possums.
- Remove the cable ties holding the possum trap closed.
- Holding the handle on the top of the trap, slowly pull up the trap allowing it to fall into place to erect the basic shape of the possum trap. The rear door should be pushed down and back at the rear of the trap.
- Pull down the front set of ‘U’ shaped support arms and fix them into the fixing clips located on each side of the possum trap. If you find the support arms do not stay firmly in the fixing clips, use your fingers or pliers to squeeze the fixing clips closed to secure the support arms.
- The possum trap should now be ready to connect the trap-door to the foot plate using the long Trip Plate Rod on the inside of the trap.
- The curled bottom end of the Trip Plate Rod should be connected to the Trip Plate.
- The curled end of the Trip Plate Rod (if not already attached to the trip plate) should be inserted from underneath the trip plate in an upward direction and curled over in a clockwise direction.
- Connect the U shaped end of the Trip Plate Rod to the door release mechanism at the front of the possum trap above the trap door.
- Note: The end of the U shape should be facing downwards and should attach to the door release mechanism easily if the rod has been positioned correctly.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SET THE POSSUM TRAP
- Place the trap on a flat even surface. If possible place the Possum Trap against a wall or building or in a path commonly used by the animal.
- The Possum Trap can be baited by opening the rear door and placing food about 2-3cm from the rear door. Do not place bait on the trip plate. Place the bait in a position that will force the animal to step on the Trip Plate. Once the bait is set, the rear door can be closed and the wire lock (Small square ‘U’ shaped wire) can be inserted through the designated holes and door rings to ensure the door doesn’t open. The hook on the end of the lock should be hooked over the trap mesh to secure the lock.
- Pull up the Possum Trap door by squeezing down the door lock frame with your thumb and at the same time pulling up the Possum Trap door using the door handle on the spring system.
- Holding up the Possum Trap door with one hand, slide the trap door hook (J-hook mechanism) under the bar of the trap door to hold the trap door up in place.
- The Possum Trap is now ready for use.
- It is often beneficial to camouflage the Possum Trap with materials normally found in the trapping area such as vegetation, sack cloth, boxes etc. If camouflaging / hiding the trap ensure materials do not interfere with the operation of the trap parts.
- Check the Possum Trap regularly to ensure trapped animals are in good condition. TRAP SHOULD BE CHECKED REGULARLY FOR CAUGHT ANIMALS – AT LEAST ONCE A DAY